~CuCuK AnGiN~

~Taukeh~

"A Date" Aku terbace cerite nie kat FS..

"A Date"

After 21 years of marriage, my wife
wanted me to take another woman out
to dinner and a movie. She said I love
you but I know this other woman
loves you and would love to spend some
time with you.

The other woman that my wife wanted me
to visit was my MOTHER, who has
been a widow for 19 years, but the
demands of my work and my three
children had made it possible to visit
her only occasionally.

That night I called to invite her to
go out for dinner and a movie.

"What's wrong, are you well," she
asked? My mother is the type of woman
who suspects that a late night call or
a surprise invitation is a sign
of bad news.

"I thought that it would be pleasure
with you," I responded. "Just the
two of us."

She thought about it for a moment, and
then said, "I would like that
very much."

That Friday after work, as I drove
over to pick her up I was a bit
nervous.
When I arrived at her house, I noticed
that she, too, seemed to be
nervous about our date. She waited in
the door with her coat on. She had
curled her hair and was wearing the
dress that she had worn to celebrate
her last wedding anniversary.

She smiled from a face that was as
radiant as an angel's.

"I told my friends that I was going to
go out with my son, and they were
impressed, "she said, as she got into
the car. "They can't wait to hear
about our meeting". We went to a
restaurant that, although not elegant,
was
very nice and cozy. My mother took
my arm as if she were the First
Lady.
After we sat down, I had to read the
menu. Large print. Half way through
the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw
Mom sitting there staring at me. A
nostalgic smile was on her lips.

"It was I who used to have to read the
menu when you were small," she
said.

"Then it's time that you relax and let
me return the favor," I
responded.

During the dinner, we had an agreeable
conversation - nothing
extraordinary, but catching up on
recent events of each other's life. We
talked so much that we missed the
movie.

As we arrived at her house later, she
said, "I'll go out with you again,
but only if you let me invite you." I
agreed.

"How was your dinner date?" asked my
wife when I got home. "Very nice.
Much more so than I could have
imagined," I answered.

A few days later, my mother died of a
massive heart attack. It happened
so suddenly that I did not do anything
for her.

Some time later, I received an
envelope with a copy of a restaurant
receipt from the same place mother and
I had dined.

An attached note said: "I paid this
bill in advance. I wasn't sure that
I could be there; but nevertheless, I
paid for two plates -

one for you and the other for your
wife. You will never know what that
night meant for me. I love you, son."

At that moment, I understood the
importance of saying in time: "I LOVE
YOU!" and to give our loved ones the
time that they deserve. Nothing in
life is more important than God and
your family. Give them the time they
deserve, because these things cannot
be put off till "some other time."

0 Response for the ""A Date" Aku terbace cerite nie kat FS.."

Related Posts with Thumbnails